Research Faculty, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Joint Appointment, Mining Engineering
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, PNNL, Richland, WA (May 2011- Oct 2012)
- PhD, Materials Science & Engineering, University of North Texas, Denton, TX (Aug 2007-May 2011)
- Bachelor of Technology, Metallurgical Engineering and Material Science, Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur, India (Mar 2001-Jun 2005)
- Jan 2020 to present: Material Scientist (IV) , Physical Sciences Division, Physical and Computational
Sciences Directorate (PCSD), PNNL
- Jan 2016 to present: Materials Scientist (III), Materials Sciences group, Physical Sciences Division,
Physical and Computational Sciences Directorate (PCSD), PNNL
- Oct 2012 to Dec 2015: Senior Research Scientist, Environmental Molecular Science Laboratory (EMSL),
- May 2011- Sept. 2012: Postdoctoral Research Associate, EMSL, PNNL
- Aug 2007 – April 2011: Graduate Research Associate, Department of Material Science and Engineering,
University of North Texas
- June 2005 to July 2007: Engineer, Quality control / Quality assurance department, Essar Steels Ltd.
- Thermodynamics and kinetics of phase transformation in metallic alloys; behavior of metastable
- Interfacial phenomenon in materials: solute segregation at grain boundaries and interphase
- Microstructure-mechanical/magnetic/electronic property relationships in materials.
- Influence of non-equilibrium material processing such as solid-phase processing on microstructure
and properties of materials
- Degradation of materials during exposure to extreme environments such as irradiation and gas or
liquid reactions with surfaces (corrosion).
- Hydrogen embrittlement and oxidation of metallic alloys.
- Material characterization methods: Scanning electron microscopy (SEM), Energy dispersive
spectroscopy (EDS), Electron back scatter diffraction (EBSD), (Scanning) Transmission electron
microscopy ((S)TEM), Atom Probe Tomography (APT), in situ synchrotron high energy X-ray
diffraction (HEXRD), X-ray absorption near edge spectroscopy (XANES) and scanning
transmission x-ray microscopy (STXM).
- Correlating microstructural characterization results and mechanical properties with multiscale
material computational modelling and simulations.
- PNNL Ronald Ronald L. Brodzinski Award for Early Career Exceptional Achievement 2019.
- PNNL National security directorate Carabiner award, 2018 for winning new funding from
Department of Defense.
- Outstanding Performance Award for 2016, Nuclear Processing Initiative, National Security
Directorate, for enabling analysis of radioactive materials by advanced characterization methods.
- “Publications of the year: 2016” award from Energy and Environmental Directorate, Pacific
Northwest National Laboratory
- People’s choice winner of Science as Art 2014 and 2015 contest, Pacific Northwest National
- EMSL Directors award for creativity in research, 2013.
- Outstanding Leadership and Service Award by Department of Material science and engineering,
University of North Texas (2011)
- Outstanding International Graduate student award by Robert Toulouse Graduate School,
University of North Texas (2010)
- Highest performance rating of “Benchmark to Employee performance” in the annual employee
performance review in Essar Steel Ltd (2006)