Liz Hunter – B.S. 2013
About this Alum
Hometown: Farmington, New Mexico
Degree(s) obtained at Mines: B.S. Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, 2013 (Emphasis – Physical/Ferrous Metallurgy)
Other Degrees: MBA University of California at Riverside, 2017
Favorite Memory from Mines: Being a member of Blue Key Honor Society – Running Blaster at football games, leading the M-Climb for incoming freshmen; studying abroad at University of Wollongong in Wollongong, Australia
Hobbies: Yoga, hiking, camping, drone photography
Advice to Students:
• Don’t wait for opportunity to come your way. Taking initiative and seeking out opportunities will serve you very well: you will learn a lot and companies like people that are self motivated.
• It’s ok if you don’t like your internship or your first job. It’s never too late to try something else. If you like at least some of your classes, you’ll find a good fit for yourself in the work force or academia eventually. You can learn just as much from the experiences you don’t enjoy as the ones that you love.
- Nucor (Charleston, SC): Metallurgist (2017-present)
- California Steel Industries Inc. (Fontana, CA): Quality Engineer – Raw Materials Acquisition (2015-2017)
- California Steel Industries Inc. (Fontana, CA): Metallurgical Engineer (2013-2015)