Dr. Amy Morrissey – M.S. 2013 & Ph.D. 2015
About this Alum
Hometown: Dayton, Ohio
Degree(s) obtained at Mines: M.S. Material Science, 2013; Ph.D. Materials Science, 2015 (Focus: Ceramics; Colorado Center for Advanced Ceramics)
Other Degrees: B.S. Materials Science & Engineering, Purdue University (2006)
Favorite Memory from Mines: My first time observing superparamagnetic Ni0 particles in internally reduced Ni-doped YSZ that I synthesized, processed, and prepared for TEM analysis.
Hobbies: Art, running, and live music
Advice to Students: If you really want it, you will achieve it.
Do not burn any bridges; the world is a big place, but the science community is small.
Engineering is always evolving so you must adapt at all stages; stay on top of trends and accept new challenges.
Expand your network.
Never stop learning.
- CoorsTek (Golden, CO): R&D Engineer III (2015-present)
- Rolls-Royce Corporation (Indianapolis, IN): Technical Surveillance Metallurgist; Failure Analyst; Materials Engineer, Joining Technology (2006-2010)
- Rolls-Royce Energy Systems Inc. (Mount Vernon, OH): Co-op Student (2004-2005)
- Single Crystal Operations (Indianapolis, IN): Co-op Student (Fall 2003)
- Rolls-Royce Corporation (Indianapolis, IN): Co-op Student (2002-Spring 2003)