A Welcome Message
Greetings from sunny Colorado. Things are exciting in the Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Department. Since joining MME last summer, Amy and Kester Clarke have both been doing outstanding research. Amy was honored to give an invited talk at MS&T for her work on alloy solidification visualization with real-time spatially-resolved diffraction analysis. She has also been selected to participate in the LIFT Expert Educator program. Kester has been named the FIERF Professor of Forging and has already created a vigorous and growing research group.
Other faculty highlights include Corinne Packard winning the TMS Award for Excellent Promise and David Matlock presenting a plenary talk at the MS&T meeting last fall. Many other departmental accomplishments, including a number of student award winners, are highlighted on the right side of this page.
The Department is thrilled by the level of support from our alumni. One family pledged $1M over ten years to support MME while other alumni donations are up over 350% from the average of the previous five years. These donations make it possible to support better teaching and promote novel research and instructional methods, permitting our faculty to take risks, while helping to renew our teaching facilities. We are very appreciative of our alumni donors who make great teaching and research possible, keeping MME a leader in materials research. We encourage anyone with the resources to spare to click the “Give to MME” link on the right side of the page. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com.
Your gift funds student scholarships, conference trips, improved facilities, distinguished speakers and more.
- MME Seminar: Rong Long, University of Colorado BoulderNovember 30, 2017
- Seetharaman selected for distinguished lecturer award
- Findley receives ASM International Award
- De Moor wins AIST Kent D. Peaslee Junior Faculty Award
- Mines awarded DOE funding for proton-conducting ceramics
- Packard awarded NSF funding for TOF-SIMS instrument
- Three Mines students named to ASM International boards
- Mines, CoorsTek unveil world-class research and teaching facility
- Mines Material Advantage Chapter named best in world
- Mines hosts scientists probing future of materials research
- Reimanis named to World Academy of Ceramics