Dr. Jonah Klemm-Toole joined the Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering at the Colorado School of Mines in 2020.
Dr. Klemm-Toole teaches and conducts research as a member of the Center for Welding, Joining and Coatings Research.
- BS Materials Science and Engineering, University of Florida, 2008
- PhD Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Advanced Steel Processing and Products Research Center (ASPPRC), Colorado School of Mines, 2019
- Welding Certification, Santa Fe Community College Applied Welding Technologies Program, 2002
Industrial & Academic Experience
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Center for Advanced Non-Ferrous Structural Alloys (CANFSA), Colorado School of Mines, 2019 – 2020.
- Process Engineer, Power Systems Manufacturing, 2008 – 2013.
- Welder, Gainesville Welding and Fabrication, 2001 – 2007.
- Alloy and microstructure design for high performance structural materials
- Optimizing welding and joining technologies for improved mechanical properties and performance
- Welding and brazing filler metal development
- Developing additive manufacturing technologies for high temperature structural applications
- Using modeling and simulations to improve experiment design and data interpretation
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- ASM International
- The Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society (TMS)